Fair Play and Safety Pledge for Coaches
As one of the guiding aims & objectives of the BMHA is to ensure everyone is having fun in a healthy and safe environment, it is important that Coaches demonstrate the following commitments outlined in the BMHA Fair Play Pledge for Coaches:
- I will be reasonable when scheduling games and practices, remembering that players have other interests and obligations.
- I will teach my players to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials and opponents.
- I will ensure that all players get equal instruction, support and playing time.
- I will not ridicule or yell at my players for making mistakes or for performing poorly.
- I will remember that players play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
- I will make sure that equipment and facilities are safe and match the player's ages and abilities.
- I will remember that participants need a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example.
- I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
- I will work in cooperation with officials for the benefit of the game.
- I will respect return to play protocol regarding player injuries and concussions.
Click to download the BMHA Fair Play and Safety document.
Return to Hockey Updates
Look to the Return To Hockey Page for all the latest updates and news regarding how our Players will get back on the ice.